Old August 2nd 18, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default US Standard Nationals -- Day 1

Should I throw in the HHSC Snowbird?

Thread is a US Nats.

Ok.......Frikkin really specific........any regional/National contest...like, any competition that relates to national pilot ranking, when has there been more than 2 women pilots in the US, I will accept Canada, since some cross over easily.

I am really looking at the USofA, since, well, that is where most here are from.

Frankly, if someone can fly a sailplane, I don't care the gender. We are pilots (outside of some specific new competitions or the older "PowderPuff derbies").

Outside of Riggs and King, I would love to see some gender crossover contests. I would hazard to say quite a few females would do well.
In sailplanes, it is more a thinking game, endurance helps, but many levels are fairly even.

And no, I am not running for office, nor can I act/be accepted as a politician. Well, less than Bernie and others, but trying to keep politics out of this.