Old May 29th 13, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Experience with Flarm "Stealth" and Competition modes

Everyone seems to assume that less able pilots will want to leech off of the faster ones. Not so! I am not one of the fastest cross-country pilots, but have long abandoned any idea of leeching - I find it easier to locate my own thermals, thank you very much!

There are, however, a few pilots whose presence in the same thermal make me uncomfortable - I'll be using Flarm to steer clear of them!

Mike