Old February 23rd 14, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:04:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, February 22, 2014 11:28:10 PM UTC-6, Bastoune wrote:

Help please!

I am unsuccessful at updating my V7 with the latest 3.02 software. (I did successfully upgrade to v2.02 two years ago). I am trying to update with my PNA Vertica V2. Part of the problem is that I am not sure which COM port to select from the PNA V2. Here's the combination of errors that I get:

COM1: "Load" message appears, but the "Discovery" message does not. I then get this error window pop up: "Update failed, error code = -5"

COM2 or COM3: Load message appears, Discovery then starts but after 5 seconds, error window message: "Update failed, error code = -10"

COM 4: Load message appears, Discovery then starts but stays stuck. When I eventually hit "cancel" on the PNA, the error message is: "Update failed, error code = -21" shows up.

Additional info:

- The baud rate is set at 115200 on both the V7 and the PNA (I have been forewarned about using anything else so I always triple check)

- The LXNav "PNA Update tool" and firmware are the latest versions from the LX website

What I am screwing up?

Thanks,

Bastoune-

your v2 needs to use COM7 for the PNA update tool to talk to the v7 and that is not available from the pulldown. You will need to bring up a keyboard on your v2 and type in COM7 and I think it will work - at least it does from my Avier.

Mike O.

Has anyone accomplished this update with a MIO? I have my MIO connected to the V7 via the Glider Tools cable but have not attempted a firmware update via this connection.

Lane