Old May 11th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Emergency landing theoretical

Gatt
I know the area fairly well.... If you had an engine failure I'd sure
opt for the upstream landing as near the shore as possible. The
problem, as you probably know, is all the submerged pilings from docks,
wharves, etc. And, the current is ferocious so I'd damned sure want to
be close to the beach, such as it is. Now, if you could make it to the
freeway or interstate? Its a crap shoot. I often wonder about the
options and what I'd do but until it happens you can only speculate and
try to play, "What if....."
If you are doing that much, you are way ahead of the game and will be
an interesting story on "News At 9" instead of a statistic with NTSB.
Hope you never have to make that choice!
Cheers and fly safe