Old October 23rd 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Discus verus Discus 2, LS8, ASW 28

Mike the Strike wrote:

II also prefer the ergonomics of the Scleicher and LS front-hinged
canopies, but at least the side-hinged Schemmp-Hirth doesn't whack you
on the head if you jettison it in flight.

Neither does the ASW 28 canopy. Starting with the ASH 26, Schleicher has
incorporated a Roeger hook or equivalent in it's gliders. I believe the
LS8 has also has one, or DG has made one available for it as a retrofit.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org