Old April 23rd 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ken Finney

Default Open invitation (Att. Mr. Wanttaja)

"Rich S." wrote in message
. ..
Along with my enthusiasm for aircraft, I also am affiliated with the Gig
Harbor Cruisers auto club. The main reason my wife and I joined this club
was the good works the club does every year in giving out scholarships to
graduating high school students interested in automotive skills; along
with an annual Christmas gift program for foster children, providing shoes
for dozens of kids.

As in years past, the club is holding it annual car show and fund-raiser
at the Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW). We usually have a couple hundred
cars or more, along with hot boats, music, eats, nekkid wimmen (oops -
scratch that). I have brought my Emeraude in for display but the aviation
contingent has been sadly under represented.

The club president has charged me with the pleasant duty of inviting the
homebuilt aircraft community in general and Ron Wanttaja's chapter in
particular to make Saturday, July 28, 2007 a day to share with us at
Tacoma Narrows. I know this conflicts with Oshkosh, but it is after
Arlington. There will be great spots available on the tarmac and there
will be no formalities to observe nor special procedures. Just fly on in
and enjoy the show. Admission is free, buy your own hot dogs or whatever.

The web site for the show is http://www.gigharborcruisers.org/. Come on
down and join us, please. Help us draw a crowd for the kids.

Rich S.

Ron is a member of EAA Chapter 441 (and/or Chapter 26). I'll bring this to
the attention of EAA Chapter 326 as well.