Old March 27th 08, 11:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

"Margy Natalie" wrote

I used to work with someone who bought on a golf course, He had a HUGE
bucket of balls from the yard, but was quite happy. It was the guy down
the way that had major damage on his house from the balls (he did buy
right on the turn of the green!)

I was the general contractor for a house that was built off to the right of
the tee, a perfect distance for a good slice to hit right into the property.

Balls being hit into the yard and house? You bet!

One example, is the fact that a track loader was only on the property for
about 6 or 7 days, all totaled, for clearing the land, digging the basement,
and then for final grading. During that time, a golf ball bounced off the
loader.. TWICE !!! Both times the loader was sitting about where the
swimming pool was to be built. Almost every time, the errant golfer had the
guts to come onto the property to try and find the ball. I saw *nothing*
about seeing a ball, every time.
;-)

I lost count of how many times a ball bounced off the house as it was being
framed and having the Cedar siding being applied. I told the owner that I
felt it was necessary to put "golf ball window protectors" on the 4 windows
that directly faced the tee, and he agreed. I put 1/4" Plexiglas "over
window" shields over those windows, so he was not constantly replacing
glass.

I agree with the fact you are far more likely to be hit with a golf ball,
than by an out of control airplane.
--
Jim in NC