Old February 22nd 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

You might be better off making it a windsurfing/aviation theme hotel.
(not
kidding) You'll see why when you get there.

We've been there three times in the last year. I know the island is much
more oriented toward fishing/nautical than aeronautical -- but that's
precisely why our plan is going to work. EVERYONE has a nautical theme, and
the motels are full all summer regardless of quality or service.

When the motels die, however, is in the off-season -- which is fabulous
flying weather, even if it's not prime "bring-the-kids-to-the-beach" season.
That will be our ace in the hole, and that is when we'll have some fun with
fly-ins, etc.

One thing this group has taught me: You can't go wrong with a target market
like pilots.
:-)
--
Jay Honeck