Old February 22nd 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dallas

Default Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:52:31 -0600, Jay Honeck wrote:

We've been there three times in the last year. I know the island is much
more oriented toward fishing/nautical than aeronautical

You'll find out when you get here that one of the few things that makes
this area unique to the United States are it's favorable winds for
windsurfing and kiteboarding. Corpus is just behind Maui and the Columbia
River Gorge for consistently high winds and waves.

These activities are totally dead during the summer and begin in the fall
and continue until the next June. "Port A" is a unique place when the
winds are strong out of the north in the winter. You know those videos of
windsurfers jumping 14 feet and doing loops?...
They do that stuff at Port A.

Just sayin', it's a bigger market than aviation by about 4 times. These
guys travel long distances, stay a week and have money to spend.

Like I said, you'll see what I'm talking about when you get here.

http://www.visitcorpuschristitx.org/...?site=windsurf
--
Dallas