Old June 5th 12, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Where are you Butterfly vario?

On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:24:19 PM UTC-5, RAS56 wrote:
And I will second your second. Installed my V7 in the off season and have about 5 flights on it so I'm still learning, but I really like it. I really like the way it was fairly easy to install and the data sharing between my Nano, the V7 and my Oudie has worked great. Had a little problem with a recent firmware update until I figured out I had to go into one of the submenus of the Oudie (hardware) and "tell" the Oudie to look at the V7... Once I'd done that, the update was a snap.

Question for my fellow V7 users..I'm interested in how you've set up the speed/vario displays...what info are you having it show you in the various modes, especially speed mode...arrival altitude? Also, I have left the default sound profile as the setup, but am not too keen on it. Anyone changed this to one they like better?

If I had a wish list, it would be that I wish I could "temporarily" access some of the other wealth of data buried inside the vario...battery voltage, for example. I would not want to take up a display spot on the vario permanently showing that value, but it would be nice to have a user-selectable "sub-menu" of say...4 or 5 items that pushing a button the pilot could easily and rapidly cycle thru to check it as I fly. Now, it's a long period of heads-down cycling thru menus to pull that out of the V7...not the safest thing to do inflight. But if I could rapidly do it, that would be neat to have...but not a "need" by any measure...definitely a "want"!

Good product, good company, happy camper!

you guys are killing me with your positive reviews of the V7!!! I already wanted one bad enough...