Old January 27th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tie-down and Taxes

Kern County's fiscal year is from July1 to June 30. They will assess
property based on where it was located at 12:01am January 1 of that
calendar year. See
http://recorder.co.kern.ca.us/assess...tant_dates.cfm

If you don't want to pay Kern unsecured property taxes, get a BG-12.
Kern doesn't send a tax bill for unsecured property valued under
approx. $5k.

SP AM

On Jan 25, 9:12 pm, "309" wrote:
I've moved my glider from it's usual place of "nesting" (a hangar in
L.A. County) to a tiedown at Cal City (in Kern County).

Anybody else have any advice on dealing with the tax assessor statement
that came? I moved it up to the highlands in February of 2006, so
technically I think it's a Kern County Dweller now, and I pay the tax
to Kern, rather than L.A. (currently, there isn't room at the inn in
L.A. to keep the glider...).

Any advice on minimum headach with the tax man (men?...er,
women?)...since it's old and not very valuable, I don't mind paying a
modicum of tax...after all, it helps pay for repaving runways, roads
(for the landouts...or at least the crew), etc., etc., etc., -- or
that's what they SAY...

-Pete