Old January 28th 04, 11:39 PM
Nathan Young

On 28 Jan 04 13:35:08 MDT, wrote:

I would like to learn to fly and someday own a plane, any advice?

In my opinion - it is best to take these steps one at a time and
separately.

Take some introductory flights, see if you like it - then work on your
license. Once you get the license, rent planes for a while to
determine the kinds of planes you like and your typical mission. Once
this is determined, take the big plunge, buy the plane.

Many pilots buy their own planes to get their license (you can
probably save money doing this), but I believe you are better suited
to learning more about aviation before purchasing. Aircraft ownership
is pretty expensive, and can be very expensive if mistakes are made
during the purchase process.

-Nathan