Old June 1st 12, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

Default Higher Tows for Training Flights

You're screwed now........never talk about 'family' on the net. Lets
hope they're all a bunch of old geezers who's computer time equals
their cross country time.....after all .....they're not bad
instructors....most of them.
I soloed a couple of hundred students before I flew my first cross
country and nobody crashed. I would say 110% of all first cross
country flights are done with some planning and considerations to
doing everything possible so as not to die. And yet every top notch
racer out there has busted their ass or did some damage to promote
thinking time.
When you finally get your instructors license...you will not teach
cross country but survival soaring and then send them off on their
solos and with a little more instruction sign them off for the rating.
When they are ready, they will come to Uncle Noel for additional
mentoring to take the leap away from the airport. But most will not.
Now, my question is ....who are you going to get to sign off your
Instructors Rating recomendation? Give them all some Geritol and see
who can move a pen. That'l work!
Oh, I forgot....when you are the instructor, you're allowed to decided
how high to tow , when to turn right, when to turn left. Until then,
you're just another student.