Old February 10th 04, 06:48 AM
Mark James Boyd

Andreas Maurer wrote:

Ahh.. I have to apologize. In my other reply I forgot to mention the
guy who bailed out of his Lo-100 that had lost a wing inflight while
doing aerobatics.
He started to leaeve the glider at 3.000 ft, the chute opened less
than 100 ft above the ground.

That's about what I'd expect. I had a good friend who was to
ferry a very sketchy speed canard several thousand miles.
I begged her to borrow a chute for the trip, and
fly above 5000ft AGL, and if the engine burped,
eject that nice big canopy and hit the silk.

The damn thing with those tiny wings landed at 70+ knots, and
with those shopping-cart wheels it would've been no
fun off field...

She wore a chute for the ferry, and had no problems...
But our conversation about the risks really helped
her be more demanding of the mechanics...