Old June 10th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

Viperdoc writes:

Now, please proceed to impress us with your knowledge about the vestibular
system.

I know that if it isn't disturbed, it isn't confused. I also know that if
your head is level with the horizon, you'll feel turns as a sideways movement,
but if your head is level with the wings (and the turn is coordinated), you'll
incorrectly perceive the turn as a climb or descent. I can easily see how
this latter policy would encourage disorientation.