Old August 10th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

Default Turboprops exempt...oh boy!!!

On Aug 9, 3:06 pm, "Bob Gardner" wrote:
I just received an e-mail from Senator Maria Cantwell telling me that the
proposed user fee of $25 per flight would not impact 90 percent of general
aviation because recreational flights are exempt and so are all turboprop
flights outside of controlled airspace. Golly gee! That means that I can (in
my dreams) fly my turboprop single less than 1200 feet above the ground over
much of the state of Washington for free...turboprop pilots in the eastern
states can descend even lower to smell the roses without paying!

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how much this computer
geek-millionaire-senator knows about uncontrolled airspace?

Bob Gardner

I can never understand why everyone here always gets all worked up
whenever someone like a reporter or a politician shows that they don't
have a private pilot level knowledge of aviation...

I wonder if doctor newsgroups and lawyer newsgroups act the same way
when a law is made regarding drugs or tort laws or something...