Old September 26th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Hangars - Horton Stack Doors?

Nope, haven't moved to TX . . . I'm enjoying NV so much I can safely say
it's likely I'll stay in Minden.

The stack doors I was referring to were in Napa, CA, when I lived there.
Hangar was 60 X 60 so when the wind was parallel to the doors, the wind
effect on the doors was considerable. The airport posted warning decals to
not operate the doors in high wind conditions.

The smaller hangar I have at Minden has a 50' opening that's wind shielded
by other structures, so operating the doors is never an issue.

If blowing dust and dirt is of concern, that might be a consideration as my
stack doors don't seal out the dirt well at all.

bumper
"Jeremy Zawodny" wrote in message

The other advantage for me as an old geezer is to be able to open the
doors
easily by myself at any time. With Ohio winds I have had to work a
little
harder to open them sometimes but totally possible. Closing them is much
easier. Bumper has a worse problem with wind in West Texas, that's for
sure.

Bumper is in Minden, NV not Texas (unless he's recently moved).

Jeremy