Old February 1st 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How did KPHX Class B get so screwed up?

On Jan 31, 6:44*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Shirl writes:
Mxsmanic wrote:
What is happening to the FAA? *The new Class B airspace
at KPHX drives another few nails into the GA coffin.

How so?

It seems to be designed around the assumption that everyone has a moving-map
GPS to show the boundaries of the various sectors. *Anyone who doesn't have
this is going to have a devil of a time figuring out whether or not he's
drifting into Class B. *Since GA aircraft often don't have a moving-map GPS,
they are being strongly encouraged to stay away by the difficulty inherent in
finding the sector boundaries using just navaids, radials, landmarks, etc.

I know that GA groups were strongly opposed to this new scheme, and I can see
why. *The overall impression created is that Phoenix doesn't want any GA
traffic.

You think aircraft are vectored through class B according to sector
boundaries?

What?

Oh wait ... what was *I* thinking when I started to respond to this?

I wasn't.