Old February 14th 08, 09:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

In the U.S., is there any regulation that prescribes a minimum rate of climb
or descent for changes in altitude during VFR cruise flight? If I decide to
make a gradual climb from 4500 to 6500 feet westbound (gradual meaning 200 fpm
or so), is this allowed, or do I have to meet or exceed some minimum rate?
I'm familiar with the regulations that prescribe the proper altitudes to
maintain, but I don't see anything about rates of climb or descent.