Old February 14th 08, 09:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

On Feb 14, 9:36*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
In the U.S., is there any regulation that prescribes a minimum rate of climb
or descent for changes in altitude during VFR cruise flight? *If I decide to
make a gradual climb from 4500 to 6500 feet westbound (gradual meaning 200 fpm
or so), is this allowed, or do I have to meet or exceed some minimum rate?
I'm familiar with the regulations that prescribe the proper altitudes to
maintain, but I don't see anything about rates of climb or descent.

Since you are not flying, why do you care? Pick any altitude you like
and type it in, you'll save valuable simulated flying time that way.

Cheers