Old September 28th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dick Meade[_1_]

Default Hangar & PortAPort Ground Rent

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type
hangar) please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental,
approximate size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities
(water, potty, power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything
else that will let me have some data foundation for an answer to the
airport manager's assertion that the increase is justified.

Thanks ...

Jim

Small town, 3800 population. Ground lease for a port-a-port is the same as
the tiedown fee (approx $25.00 per month). Pretty logical. Power is
available, but you have to arrange for service. Bathroom and plane wash
area are accessible.

All the T-hangars (14 spaces so far) have been built by groups of aircraft
owners. We financed and built them, and have exclusive use of them for 20
years. At the end of that time, they become the property of the city, and
we have first right to continue to rent them.