Old November 10th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

Default Recent Political Change May Positively Affect GA - ot

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message oups.com...
: On Tuesday, voters changed the balance of power in the U.S. House
: of Representatives, and apparently the Senate, from Republican to
: Democratic, and this will have a positive impact for pilots, says
: AOPA President Phil Boyer
:
: Actually, this makes a lot of sense.
:
: With power split between the Dems and Reps, we will now return to the
: golden days of gridlock, which is always better than what happens when
: either party controls all three branches of government. With GA, we
: certainly could use less governmental meddling, and the new political
: situation almost guarantees that NOTHING will get done for at least the
: next two years.
:
: It's really amazing (to me) how the Democrats have become the ones
: taking "No new taxes!" pledges, while the Republicans are now the "tax
: & spend" party. IMHO, since both parties are now virtually
: indistinguishable, the less done, the better.
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Iowa City, IA
: Pathfinder N56993
: www.AlexisParkInn.com
: "Your Aviation Destination"
:

You are right on there Jay. Talk about flip flops. We do need a strong third political party, some sort of strong
leadership...