Old February 12th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Why airplanes fly

For the work I do on the sim program both for Microsoft and developers I
use strictly CH Products. I've found them to be quite dependable and I
recommend them highly.

I can second that recommendation.

In 18 months of daily use, our "Kiwi" (a full-sized flight simulator that
uses CH yoke and rudder pedals) has logged thousands of hours, with people
from every age group.

Given the abuse some of them have given the CH products, I'm frankly
surprised at how well they've held up. The plastic collar that surrounds
the metal shaft of the yoke broke after a woman exerted incredible force
trying to TWIST the yoke back to flare, rather than simply pulling back --
but a simple application of J-B Weld (the greatest stuff in the universe,
BTW) to reinforce the area has restored the yoke to full function.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA