Old April 9th 18, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Wells[_2_]

Default Mini-Nimbus experiences

I haven't experienced a fully developed spin, but I have taken it to
the wing drop stage. (A fully developed spin for me may be difficult
anyway as I'm right at the forward C of G limit).

I don't see why the standard recovery, as covered in the manual
wouldn't work -- just be prepared to push the flap level forward as
you recover so you don't exceed the max flaps speed.

I find the mushing stall quite strange in mine -- other than losing
elevator authority and the change in airflow sound, mine doesn't
give much away... the speed just bleeds off, and I haven't felt any
pre-stall buffet. Mine just seems to "hang there, " before suddenly
dropping a wing.

John

At 13:33 08 April 2018, wrote:
Spin Characteristics

Can those mini pilots that have experienced full multi rotation

spins in
the mini describe what caused the spin, the glider's configuration,

the
glider's behavior in a spin, and the steps they took to recover...

I've never spun my mini, N171XX, SN 103. Our club is about to

initiate
spin tramping in our new ASK 21s, so I would like to spin the mini

if safe
to do so.

Mike