Old December 17th 03, 05:19 AM
Helimech

Does the S76 have that long of range? I didn't think it was that high, or
is that with aux tanks? JC
"JIM105" wrote in message
What stops an S-76 or any other helicopter from doing this is that their
SLOW speed doesn't allow them to STACK UP with 747's et.al. in an

approach
pattern to ANY major airport. In other words they can't keep up with the
big boys, so they can't play.

Bob

Not hardly. On numerous occasions in the -76 I'm asked to slow during

the
approach because I'm gaining on the airliner in front of me. One of the

nicest
things you can hear from ATC. On the other hand, I can't take the 76 500

miles
without refueling and getting above much of the weather like the tilt

rotor
will be able to do (someday).

Jim