Old October 17th 04, 03:32 PM
Vaughn

"Steelgtr62" wrote in message

Disruptive technologies, on the other hand, are usually simpler and cheaper
than the sustaining technology, but also offer less capability. They do not

fit
the sustaining market and, typically, provide lower profit margins. For this
reason, they are usually shunned by well-managed companies - which are often
later destroyed by them.

While the start of this thread is obviously a spam, I think that we are
finally seeing some disruptive technology in the GA field. In particular,
flat-panel displays. These will probably dominate the new aircraft market in
the next few years and will certainly push down into the retrofit market as
certification issues are gradually resolved. They are already appearing in the
homebuilt market.

My personal opinion is that these systems are unlikely to last as long as
the airframe in which they are installed, but given their relative cost, ease of
replacement, and the continuous improvement in their capability, we may be able
to live with that.

Vaughn