Old October 17th 04, 05:21 PM
Vaughn

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message
news:mxwcd.487032$8_6.154356@attbi_s04...

It seems that the government wants to know where every airborne aircraft is
at all times. The FAA of course said "transponders" but it was pointed out
that radar coverage still has large gaps particularly at low altitudes.
(Burt Compton who operates a glider FBO in the west Texas town of Marfa
pointed out that his tow plane transponders almost never blink.) NASA
proposed ADS-B or automatic GPS position reporting. I expect that a variant
of ADS-B will be mandated soon so get ready to yank that old Mode C
transponder.

That is not "Disruptive Technology", but rather "Disruptive Bureaucracy".
We will all get a vote in a few weeks... Enough said.

Vaughn