Old November 2nd 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Flags of Our Fathers

Saw the new Clint Eastwood-directed take on the famous flag-raising at
Iwo Jima with friends this evening, and enjoyed it immensely. The
battle scenes are pretty intense, and it's not the kind of movie you
see if you want a feel-good experience -- but it certainly made me
(once again) appreciate the sacrifices my father's generation made.

Necessary aviation content: There are some GREAT battle scenes with
Chance-Vought (or, I suppose, Goodyear) F4U Corsairs.

It's the only movie I've been to where the ENTIRE theater stayed to
watch the credits, all the way to the end, without a sound. It's
worth seeing.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA