Old October 25th 04, 01:44 AM
Shawn

Ian Strachan wrote:
In article , David
Bingham writes

Hi Gang
As we all know Mother Nature can be unforgiving to errors in the
air. Alan Pratt who was an experienced pilot bought a Carat motor
glider about 4 months ago. This single place motor glider is one of the
most benign machines available.

As a motor glider operator myself, some more details on this machine
would be useful. Forgive my ignorance but I have not heard of a Carat
motor glider. Who makes it, what are its dimensions and other
characteristics, etc.?

Regarding this tragic accident, in my syndicate we always fly with
parachutes and when at a wave site we always have oxygen.

http://www.soarfl.com/technoflug.htm

Uses Discus wings. Pretty slick concept. I don't understand the lack
of O2 and 'chute-if accurate news.

My condolences to friends and family.

Shawn