Old May 17th 04, 08:33 PM
Tom

Default SeeYou - "Calculate minimum distance to next observation zone"

SeeYou has an option in the task window called "Calculate
minimum distance to next observation zone" Does anyone know
what calculation this uses? Say I fly 20 miles west to turn
1 on an AAT task with 5 mile areas. Turn 2 is 6 miles
north of the midpoint of the first leg, but I fly straight
back home east on the first leg, bypassing turn 2 to the
south. I would expect the closest I got to the second turn
area was at the midpoint of the first leg on the way back
home , so my distance is 30 miles? SeeYou seems to be doing
something other than this. As I make the 2nd turn area
larger, the distance SeeYou calculates gets longer. Can
anyone explain?