Old March 27th 05, 09:57 PM
Eric Greenwell

Will be in NZ in November for a couple of weeks, and would like to fly
there for a few days. Questions 1) Besides my logbook and US-issued
pilot certificate, what else do I need there to be able to rent a
sailplane; 2) WHERE ELSE besides Omarama can one find decent flying
conditions. This would enable me to prepare a scenic itinerary as well
as allow flying.

Instead of trying to rent at Omarama, I suggest you try to get a couple
flights with Gavin Wills. It will cost more, but you'll have a lot
better flight and learn tons more than you will on your own. Book your
time there now, as I think he keeps a pretty full schedule.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA