Old December 2nd 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Ballantyne[_2_]

Default Slingsby Skylarks....

Thanks for that John. Sorry to hear about the crash of 1016, hope it
wasn't too serious....
I've been on Richards site before. In fact you'll find a couple of my
recent photos on it now, one of which is of my own Skylark 3 (Bga no.
1023, 'BKE') which is now based at Portmoak again.
Lovely old machine...handling from a bygone age, that smell of wood, dope
and age...you can keep 'plastic' gliders, it has got to be 'wood' for
me!

At 15:15 02 December 2008, John Mitchell wrote:
The following website may be of interest:

http://rcawsey.co.uk/skylark3.htm
It opens at the Skylark 3 page but has a link to both Skylark 2 and to
Skylark 4.

My 3G was BGA 1016 which, unfortunately, I crashed at Feshiebridge and

my
son's first glider was a share in a 3F - BGA 1251, BUT - which is still
based at Bowland Forest Gliding Club, Chipping.

We both have happy memories of the old girls!

John

At 13:15 02 December 2008, George Ballantyne wrote:
Hi folks,
Would appreciate very much if anyone out there could send me pictures,
information, histories, etc, of any of the Skylarks that may or may not

be
out there still. Any snippets or anecdotes too! My 'old bird' (the
glider, not the wife!) is still going strong, I hope there are still a

few
of Fred Slingsby's creation still airborne.
Cheers,
G. Ballantyne.