Old July 1st 05, 02:46 PM
M.E. Borner

I use a pennies per hour rate. There is a Governement website
(http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/con...asic.jsp&P=MTT)
that has a per mile rate ($1.07) for reimbursement for privately owned
aircraft. I convert that into $/hr. based on the performance of my
aircraft.

I feel that this is a pretty solid figure since it is published by the
governement and appears on the same page as the accepted $ .305 per
mile for cars. Though it does not really tract actual expenses
incurred. For example, if you had a single and a twin both with the
same cruise performance they would come out to the same reimbursement
number but we all know the running expenses of the twin would actually
be higher.