Old December 23rd 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default SSA Copyright

On Dec 22, 6:23*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:

That is not to say there are no concerns with these types of
agreements and surprising uses may not have imagined when you assigned
over permission to use -- although the SSA agreement at least clearly
restricts this to soaring related things.

What part of the agreement says that? The "related to the sport of
soaring" is a descriptor of any third party.

"and to authorize third parties who are engaged in the dissemination
of
information relating to the sport of soaring to reproduce and sell or
distribute freely, such material."

The agreement appears to impose no restriction at all on what such a
third party may do with the material and, for that matter, it imposes
no restriction on what SSA may do with the material.

While the agreement may not specifically say I give up my copyright it
does allow the unrestricted use of my material for any purpose and
without my permission. What value is the copyright that you think I
retain?

Andy