Old October 31st 18, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Igc file help. Computer science

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 21:55:10 +0000, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

http://www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC/do..._spec_gnss.pdf

The file format is from page 17.

I have written a Java package that can read IGC logs. They are read into
a container class that can be used to scan, analyse and write out logs or
parts thereof.

The package can do the same for lists of waypoints. It currently handles
CAI, CUP and EW formats but is designed to be easily extensible for other
waypoint formats. Its currently being used to create the UK landouts and
CGC Fieldbook files some of you are using, so is reasonably well tested.
The code documented using Javadocs but this does assume that its users
can program in Java and have a working understanding of how IGC logs and
waypoint lists are structured.

If this stuff would be useful to any of you, I'm happy to publish it as
open source under the GPL2 license.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org