Old July 29th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

Default Monday evening t'storm arrives at OSH

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/qhlsh

My tent stayed dry; my buddy Jerry's didn't. He spent half the night in

the
airplane (the next night, too).

Nice!

It seems like there is almost always at least one BIG rain during the week.

For those people whose tents do not stay dry, I have found a couple things
to mitigate the "damage."

Have something that you can put your clothes up on, off the floor, like an
old hard side suitcase, or Tupperware container.

Use an inflated air mattress. That keeps you and your bag out of the water,
sloshing in the low corner of the floor.

Usually, it is just a small leak, but it only takes a small leak and a big
storm, and soon you have a half gallon of water to make the "wrong" things
wet, and unbearable.

You know, we really need to get a FAQ Oshkosh list together, before next
year is here - all too quickly.
--
Jim in NC