Old May 20th 04, 04:57 AM
Richard Lamb

nauga wrote:

Richard Lamb wrote...

As for me, I'm just getting my new parasol up and flying.
http://home.earthlink.net/~n6228l/

Sure is a pretty airplane.

Dave 'green' Hyde

Why thank you, Dave.

It's my 'red' phase.

Unfortunately, the cowling is still 'in work' for final paint.
(have I mentioned lately that I _hate_ painting?)

I had the cowling presentable, but it got blown around in the
prop wash one day and got all skinned up. (no comment)

Then I learned a lot (more) about paint compatibility (yeah, the
hard way - did I mention that I specifically hate enamel?)
and finally stripped the whole cowl back to bare glass.

Leo had some paint stripper that looked like good steak sauce.
That took off everything in one fell swoop.
But it opened up the glass surface something horrid.

I got it smoothed out (I heart my wet sander), then primed it inside
and out with Epibond. (I heart Epibond too!)
Think of it as a poor man's gel coat.

Next comes a sandable primer coat, final surface smoothing, and
(enamel again?)

Ok. There are obviously lessons here.
I'll work on it...

Richard