Old April 27th 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

Default Trying for a Diamond Goal tommorow - water ballast question

On Apr 27, 3:05*pm, lanebush wrote:
Having only gotten close enough to see SA's rudder for five days in
Perry last week I can say that if Scott wants to fly with water he
should. *His skills are such that adapting to a little extra weight
while flying a task will not "task saturate" him.

XF

If everything's connected and checked out, I would load up. However,
the day before making an attempt seems a bit late in the game to start
checking out the system. As far as the flying wet goes, my only
experience is with my Speed Astir II, and it really 'grooves' fully
ballasted. I wish it flew the same empty. (perhaps the extra inertia
in the wings compensates for my natural hamfistedness!)