Old August 17th 03, 05:28 AM
Larry Smith

Default Need Hold Harmless Waver for Ultralight or Experimental Sale

"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message

Can someone direct me to a Hold Harmless / Waiver agreement for the same

of
an Ultralight or experimental aircraft?

The short answer is that such things aren't worth much, if anything,
because the buyer's family, relations, whatever, may not be bound by it.
If you're an EAA member, give them a call to discuss. I was surprised to
find out you're at more risk disassembling a plane and selling it as
parts than you are selling it intact. Talk to your lawyer, too. Also,
Avemco insurance covers you for liability for a number of years after
you sell the plane, if you had it insured with them.

Ed Wischmeyer

Let's say a divorced man bought a V8-powered Prescott Pusher, which is a
real sure-enough assbuster, and had his two adult sons sign (along with him)
an indemnity agreement with the seller. The latter is held harmless
thereby under the circumstances, since those children are the only parties
with a chance to sue in the case of the buyer getting his a** busted. At
least in this state, and probably in all the other ones since the sons are
the buyer's common law heirs.