Old March 19th 04, 12:05 AM
Andrew Gideon

Default AOPA Flight Planner - Microsoft only?

I tried to go to the AOPA Flight Planning web page today, and found that the
only option remaining is to download a Microsoft-only application. This
seems annoying.

Sure, I was able to go directly to the duat web site, and it was fine. But
I'm a member of AOPA, and they've eliminated a benefit from my use merely
because I prefer to use a more robust computing environment.

Especially given what's going on with viruses, worms, zombie machines, and
the like, requiring that AOPA members used one particular unsafe platform
to exercise an organization benefit seems foolish.

Has this issue been raised to AOPA and ignored? Is something in the works
for the rest of us? Anyone here know what's going on?

- Andrew