Old October 2nd 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jarek

Default WinPilot 9.11 PRO and GPS-NAV

Thanks Shaun,

It looks like I assumed incorrectly that WP PRO can be used with GPS-NAV
which does not seem to be the case. WP 9.11 ADV does have GPS-NAV 1 and 2
settings.

Regards
Jarek

"Shaun McLaughlin" wrote in message
Hi Jarek,

I think you need to look at the WP ADV version rather than the PRO (which
needs pressure information etc, hence the different list of
loggers/varios).

The release notes for V9.xx state bugs are fixed with the GPS-NAV so I
think you will be fine.

Cheers,
Shaun

At 09:36 02 October 2008, Jarek wrote:
I currently use the WP 8.0 with a GS-NAV unit. To make it work I use
GPS-NAV 2 setting in the Hardware dropdown list (About screen).

I had a look at the most recent version of WP (9.11 PRO) and noticed that

the corresponding drop-down list no longer has GPS-NAV setting (it has:
Other, CAI 302, LX 1600 and Easy Match Box).

Is this version of WP going to work with GPS-NAV? If so, which setting
should be used?

Thanks
Jarek