Old April 29th 05, 10:00 PM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:38:01 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
et::

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

I thought it was fresh water, not salty.

It is. Were you under the impression that fresh water exists only as a
solid at 32F?

I am aware that super cooled water can remain in the liquid state a
few degrees below 32F.

Or are you referring to the agitation from wind keeping it liquid?

That's part of it. Another part of it is the way ice forms on lakes and how
much ice it takes to support how much weight.

Right. My comment was more of a tongue-in-cheek correction than a
lesson in physics. But I do appreciate your firsthand information.

What really puzzles me is your complete lack of comment on my views of
Ninja-1's decisions in the November 16, 2000 F-16/Cessna 172 MAC. Did
someone contact you with a warning about participating in that
discussion? Or is your reticence a result of your government
employment or something else?