Old November 3rd 04, 09:16 PM
Jay Honeck

Still, I've managed to become and remain friends with quite a few of these
people because I realize that they're not actually bad people, just
misguided. Naturally they feel the same about me. Some of them I'm happy
have long debates with over vast quantities of alcohol, others I only talk
about other topics with. Life goes on and is richer for the company of
people who think differently than I do.

Precisely. Well said.

Our best friends are both liberal Democrats. We watched the election
results together last night, much like watching Monday Night Football. We
had the same snacks, the same drinks -- and the same cheering and booing.

For David to take this kind of thing so seriously that he's "leaving the
community" is bizarre to the point of absurdity.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA