Old October 18th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default Vorgelat T35

Absolutely! I tried that from Finland even though
they tried to persuade me to abandon the idea. They
shipped it by water at my insistence, but the carrier
on this side of the pond sent it from NY to Indiana
by air and the can of catalyst exploded in the package!

By the way, according to my translation 'Vorgelat'
means primer paint. Maybe it means first gel coat
-- inside the mold, which would make it the top coat.
Any comments fromsomeone knowledgeable?

At 22:24 18 October 2007, wrote:

You do not need Vorgelat. thecost and hassle of getting
EU materials
in the USA are prohibitive IMO. Poly-Lux, Prestec,
Ferro are all
U.S.A. polyester paints ('glecoat') that will work
fine for your
needs. I would check with boat repair places if you
are near water.
they would also have 'gelcoat'. Shipping such materials
and
especially the catalyst (MEKP) is getting very expensive
due to hazmat
fees.