Old October 20th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hans

Default Vorgelat T35

The technical translation by RG www-r-g.de for 'Vorgelat' is 'Pre-gel'.
What I called 'pre-cured' is correctly translated 'preaccelerated with
cobalt'.

You will find the complete description in the RG-handbook (which is
written in German and English) on page 3.16 .

You can find the RG handbook an the RG homepage in the Service -
Download section. Go to RG Handbuch edition 8 .

Nyal Williams schrieb:
Please explain 'pre-cured.' I am not a chemist and
can't mix anything beyond gin and tonic. This sounds
as if it is already in a somewhat hardened sheet form.

At 07:18 19 October 2007, Hans wrote:
The name Vorgelat stems not from the fact that it is
the first layer
sprayed into the mold, but from the fact that the polyester
coat is
pre-cured.

John Smith schrieb:
Nyal Williams wrote:

By the way, according to my translation 'Vorgelat'
means primer paint. Maybe it means first gel coat
-- inside the mold, which would make it the top coat.
Any comments fromsomeone knowledgeable?
Correct. Vorgelat is the brand name of a a polyester
coat which is
applied into the mold as the first layer, i.e. it
will be the surface of
the finished glider. Other brands are Schwabbellack
and t-35.