Old November 2nd 03, 11:15 PM
George Vranek

Hallo John, hallo Brien,

thanks for your comparison of the diskrotor with the tiltrotor. But despite
of nearly 50 years long development, the tiltrotor has two faults: It has
not optimal rotors for hovering and not optimal props for cruising. It
means, that a tiltrotor lifts less load in hovering than a conventional
helicopter and cruise slower than a conventional turboprop airplane with
equal installed power.
The diskrotor is optimal for hovering because the big disk brings law and
order in the aerodynamic of a helicopter rotor and the disk with retracted
rotor blades is well suitable for a really fast cruising. Even supersonic
speeds are feasible!!!

George

"brien" wrote in message
I agree the concept has at least as much merit as a tilt rotor.
Brien
"John Roncallo" wrote in message
George Vranek wrote:
In the last weeks, there is a big silence in this NG regarding fast

flying
helicopters. Please have a look at www.vranek.ch/diskrotor.htm and

publish
your comments and questions if any in this NG.
Geoge

I see a lot of negativity in this NG about this concept but I feel it
has at laest as much merit as a tilt rotor.

J. Roncallo

My opinions posted on this news group are my own and do not represent
the company I work for.