Old April 20th 04, 11:14 AM
Don Johnstone

and is this not exactly the reason why soaring is declining,
because some people within the sport cannot participate
in a reasoned argument without resorting to verbal
abuse and personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to
an opinion and to express that opinion. Who is to say
if Lennie is right or wrong? The fact is that he has
been put off gliding, for whatever reason, and if too
many people are put off then the whole sport suffers.

I have to say I agree with his reasoning up to a point,
but to be honest, not the way in which he puts that
across, but who am I to talk, I can be blunt too.

If all you have to contibute is name calling and personal
abuse then perhaps you are insecure and less sucessful
that you want to be, more to be pitied than blamed.
Try working on making yourself better not everyone
else worse. Violence of any sort is the last resort
of the imcompetent.

DAJ

At 10:00 20 April 2004, Ben Flewett wrote:
Lennie,

Given that you have quit gliding, why don't you quit
'contributing' to this site? I don't understand why
you persist in partaking of discussions on a subject
you are no longer interested in. However, I strongly
suspect it because you do not require assistance from
other persons in obtaining sexual gratification.

Regards,

Ben.

At 01:42 20 April 2004, Lennie The Lurker wrote:
(JohnD) wrote in message news:...
Lennie,
When you choose to listen to the negative minority
rather than the
postive majory YOU CHOOSE to live a sad and bitter
life. IT IS YOUR
CHOICE. If you have no more determination than to
give up due to some
negative words then you SHOULD move on to something
else.

Hmmm. 2 1/2 years is reasonable? Like maybe I didn't
hear it the
first time? I'm also afraid that five people isn't
a majority. I've
said it before, the cost was the main reason, all the
mouths did was
make it that much easier to decide that it wasn't worth
the cost.

You obviously find a great deal of pleasure helping
others with your
work. What if someone told you the wheelchair axle
wasn't perfect and
derided you. Would you quit that too? I think not.

First, they wouldn't deride me, and secondly, I'd make
a new one
immediately. I don't blame the machine, and you can't
lie to a
micrometer. Thirdly, if any did try to deride me,
I'd tell them to
contact the manufacturer and pay through the nose for
it.

It's quite evident that you have never worked with
a german toolmaker,
you have no idea of what negative is yet. I see that
a few have
understood what I'm saying, and maybe they might be
able to prevent
the interest of another person from being destroyed.
IF you want to
fix a situation, you look at all the reasons that it
needs fixing, not
exclude the ones that might possibly include yourself.
IF you're
going to exclude one, you might as well exclude them
all.