Old February 27th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Default The Latest Sport Aviation has a WHAT on the cover?

"Kyle Boatright" wrote:
A Cirrus? You gotta be kidding me.

Well it is the grand prize in their sweepstakes, so I didn't have a problem
with it. At least the pedigree of the company has its roots in experimental
aviation (at least I think they do).

I know, this is a quarterly topic for discussion, but I swear, EAA is
becoming AOPA. I guess it pays better or something. When was the
last warbird article in Sport Aviation? OK, how 'bout the last
restoration of an antique by the owner (not by someone who wrote a
bunch of checks).

Very disappointing.

According to its name and history, I would have expected EAA to put out a
magazine with exactly the content and focus that Kitplanes magazine has. In
fact I subcribed to Kitplanes long before I decided to join EAA (just two
years ago). The EAA magazines are indeed a disappointment.

But so long as they maintain a policy of advocacy and support for
homebuilders then I'm willing to stay a member.