Old September 11th 05, 06:16 PM
Frank

GOOGLE is your friend .....

"karel" wrote in message
lurking around here for several years has tought me very much of course,
thanks to all!
however a couple of terms pop up regularly without their meaning
becoming clear from the context, and doubtlessly they are so
self-evident to those in the know that no-one cares to explain them.
To this non-pilot (less than a year to go, though!)
who is not a native English speaker either,
a couple of terms want explanation, though.

What is the turtledeck? A part of or place in the cockpit, obviously?

What is a cantilever wing? I learned a laminar wing is one that tries
to achive laminar airflow, to some extent.
But I fancy "cantilever" rather indicates some type of construction?

BTW is there some web page anywhere carrying a glossary?
If not could we not create one & perhaps add it to Ron's FAQ list?

Karel.