Old August 16th 16, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default 400 miles

To me, one of the best things on this flight is that it wasn't the "vulgar, downwind dash". It was a cross headwind, crosswind, cross-tail wind, finally light tailwind flight. It had clouds, and it had blue. It went over fields and over some really gnarly terrain. And, it ended at an airport with really good people ready to take care of you!

Oh, and it was flying home after a contest. There is the real benefit to having a crew! You get to fly home! I have always wanted to do that, but have never tried.

Steve Leonard